Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

CIL £0 Rate

thumbnail
Amanda Driver, modified 7 Years ago.

CIL £0 Rate

New Member Posts: 5 Join Date: 20/10/11 Recent Posts

We in BCKLWN have an unusual situation where our charging schedule includes residential developments rated at £40 and £60 however, we have named a number of Local Plan sites which are £0 rated.  Do I deem the £0 rated sites as CIL liable and request the CIL Form 0 Additional Information or are they deemed as nil CIL. 

I have taken the stance that as residential developments are liable for CIL even the £0 rated sites must complete the CIL Form 0 and I then issue a £0 liability notice.

I have had a look for other charging schedules with the same limitations but have not found any.  Is anyone in the same situation and how do you deal with the £0 rated sites?

REBECCA STADDON, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: CIL £0 Rate

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts

Hi Amanda,

Here at Taunton Deane Borough Council we have zero rated CIL areas.

I work on the premise that 'CIL liable' and 'CIL chargeable' are 2 different things so, where a CIL liable development is taking place in a zero rated CIL charging area, I still ask for the CIL forms to be completed and returned and then issue a £0.00 CIL Liability Notice.

CIL Regulation 67 does state that a CIL Commencement Notice does not need to be submitted if the chargeable amount calculated under Regulation 40 is zero. I have a zero rated Liability Notice that has slightly different wording advising people that they do not need to follow the CIL process any further.

Hope this helps

Rebecca

thumbnail
Amanda Driver, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: CIL £0 Rate

New Member Posts: 5 Join Date: 20/10/11 Recent Posts

Thank you Rebecca,

That is how I am dealing with them but doubt had crept into my mind so just wanted to double check that I wasn't going off at a tangent.

Your help is much appreciated.